Wednesday, July 9, 2008

IBM/Lenovo - X60, replacing power adopter


So the power adopter on my X60 had a faulty connection.

Summary: tech support is helpful, but seems a bit slow. The shipping is indeed very fast (next day!) and I am happy about that. Makes me feel comfortable even if it was correct only on the third attempt. Although the time spent on hold and on the phone is a bit on the long side.


Details:

Prior to this, I was shipped the wrong part - only the AC adopter, and the problem seems to be with the wire running to the wall.

6/25/2008, 1:46 PM - Called in, will ship new adapter. Case #: 23PSH64

800.426.7416 to check

6/27/2008, 2:37 PM - received the wrong part again

Jayanne King

6/27/2008, 2:50 PM

Quinten Johnson - should get it right out.

Case #: 23PSFBP

Technical support: 1.800.426.7378 x 113

7/8/2008, 2:56 PM

Shaila from the crew department

Case #: 23PSFBP was cancelled because they called and I didn't reply

I never received the call…

Forwarded me to tech department

Technical support - Chiti

  • They had wrong phone number
  • Relayed all my information
  • Case #: 22QRZD8
  • Chiti: How long have you been having this problem?
  • Asked to speak with a supervisor (taking to long)
  • 7/8/2008, 3:30 PM - Kwame Gayle - said everything is ok
  • Stylus - asked him if I can get a replacement.
  • Case#: 23PS6PF - case number for stylus.
    • Sales: 866.428.4465 - contact with invoice and proof of purchase

Got a call telling me that they would need proof of purchase for the most recent stylus… Uhm… yeah, except I purchased it FROM THEM. I guess I'll have to dig up the order… unpleasant.

7/9/2008, 12:33 PM

Got the power adopter replacement. That was ridiculously fast. Much appreciated


No comments: